Tuesday, August 16, 2011

That lady in White

Are you scared of Ghosts? I mean I think everyone is, its like a redundant question, but I still ask it. Are you scared of Ghosts? We have all heard different stories of Ghosts right, and we have interpretations of how our ghost will look based on those stories. Or movies for that matter. Thats what influences what we think Ghosts will look like. Coz, face it, none of us has really seen one right? Right? Um hello...please...right?

Been some good movies that tell you about Ghosts. Evil dead..Ha ha. Paapi gudiya! Remember Ramsay Brothers. The dudes man. Seriously, they were the only people to successfully experiment with horror at one point of time. And luckily they made the movies when I hit puberty. So yeah, scary or not, they did work for me at some level. You know what I am talking about.

But anyway, my story isnt scary. I was talking about Ghosts to my friend. I was telling him I have this peculiar little thought in my mind. Comes to me specifically when I have to sleep alone at night. Ok, not THAT thought. This is the scary one. So I have this thought when I am home alone at night, that if I look out of the window, I will see a woman in white, with her hair moving with the wind, looking back at me. Not a disfigured face or anything, but just a woman looking back at me. And I stay on the 5th floor, so for a woman to be looking back at me from my window is a scary thing. One sec, Even if I stayed on the ground floor, it would be scary. So I tell my friend this, that I have this vision. And that everytime I am alone at home at night, I actually force myself to look out of the window to see if she is there or not. And well, till date I havent seen her. I am alive am I not? If I see her, well I dont want to think about that.

But anyway, the point is I tell my friend this, with a lot of good storytelling techniques. And he says 'Shes been looking in from all the wrong windows for you then, thats why you havent seen her. Shes going around all over Mumbai saying 'Shit, I havent found him yet'. And he laughs like crazy.

ANyways, I still have that vision. damn!

No comments: